Awesome. Thanks guys. I appreciate it. I have a lot of work to do. I will become a member pronto. I would like to do some research on this. I will purchase the report but not until I have a clear understanding of where the company is financially. Again, thanks for the help. I am all ears if anyone has more advice.
1. Your company's past info is data. Look at it. Manage it.
2. Start managing business segments (office, shop, install) individually.
3. Begin to integrate technology. Moraware may be a good start.
4. The benchmark survey just gives the combined stats of participants (including average, mean, median,etc stats). Not sure how exactly it helps, except to compare johnsons, as each shop is unique in at least one sense, if not more. In the past this survey was free because of sponsors.
5. Develop a management plan that works for you. Talk to shops of similar size and larger. As the company grows, so will the management requirements and style.
6. Attend workshops. I find them the most valuable source of seeing work flow/material handling, as well as networking face to face.